Take Action. You can make a difference.
You can do a lot to reduce teen drug and alcohol use in your community.
Here are some tips to get you started:
Choose not to drink alcohol or use drugs.
- Decide that drugs and alcohol aren’t for you — and stick to your decision.
- Think about ways to turn down drugs and alcohol in advance. For example, if you play a sport you could say, “No thanks, I’m an athlete so I can’t do that stuff.”
- Involve your parents (or another trusted adult) in your choice. Ask for their help staying substance-free.
Get the Facts.
- Get information on how alcohol and drugs can affect your body.
- Read more about alcohol.
- Get more details about drugs.
- Check out these drug FAQs.
Help someone with a problem.
- Get information on dealing with a parent who is using drugs or alcohol.
- Get ideas for how to talk to your family member or friend.
- Find support while you try to help a loved one.
- Send an email to the Northampton Prevention Coalition saying you are interested in helping out.
- Check out upcoming events in your community.
- Learn more about SPIFFY, our county-wide coalition.
If you are dealing with a drug or alcohol problem, remember that you aren’t alone. Get help today. Call 1-800-662-HELP.